The Healthy Gluten Free Flour
Coconut flour has recently been gaining popularity because of its beneficial properties, a pleasant aroma and the desire of people to try new things.
What is Coconut Flour
Coconut flour is made from partially skimmed and dried coconut meat. This flour has a lot of advantages and features that should be taken into account in their culinary experiments.
So what is good in coconut flour?
- Coconut meat, contains a significant amount of dietary fibres (especially insoluble), which favorably influence our digestion, reduce the rate of digestion of carbohydrates and enhance absorption of vitamins and minerals.It has 30% of fibers, and the percentage is several times higher than that in wheat flour.
- It has enough proteins (about 20%) In contrast to the wheat flour.
- it is completely absent of gluten, which is known for its strong allergenicity. Therefore, the coconut flour can be used by the people who want/need to adhere to a gluten-free diet.
- Coconut flour is a one-piece natural product which contains most of the nutrients in it, like vitamins, minerals and fatty acids which have a protective effect on the body.
- The low content of carbohydrates and its low glycemic index (2 times lower than that of wheat flour) can also be attributed to the merits of coconut flour.
- It contains a lot of basic nutritional components, and has many vitamins e.g.A, E, D ,C and group B and electrolytes like potassium and magnesium. Other elements include iodine,cobalt and nickel .
- Consumption of coconut flour improves metabolism, stimulates digestion, has a positive effect on the skin and eyes, and reduces the risk of clogging of blood vessels.
The Culinary Features of Coconut Flour
The absence of gluten is a very positive feature of coconut flour.
Experts usually recommend adding the coconut-flour to normal diet, up to 1/3 the entire meal in the recipe.
Coconut flour is very hygroscopic and absorbs much more water than wheat. When replacing wheat flour with coconut, you also need to increase the amount of liquid.
At the meal, coconut flavour is much less pronounced than that of coconut oil or milk. Therefore, you can use the flour in a variety of flavour combinations
we can bake with coconut flour and more
Baking with pure coconut flour should contain a significant amount of eggs, flaxseed or chia seeds. Besides baking, the flour can be used for sauces, soups and gravy thickening, in a variety of smoothies and cocktails thick, add bread mixture.
Purchase Organic Coconut Flour
Creative Rcipes with Coconut Flour